woensdag 27 april 2011

Book review: essential elements of the Act of Dodd-Frank

Before you start tonight, I just want to say that a day goes, if I can find a good theme, I prepare for it. If you don't plan to do a review of the book. As is, I have 15 books I've read and reviewed. The majority of them are poor. It is difficult to make this book a bad review, but rather would make a lot of them.

=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My review of this book was shaped by the coverage of my industry.  I am Director of investments, plus a small amount.  I learned much more from other sources about what I need to do to comply with the Dodd-Frank from this book was.  If only I had this book to help guide me in my work, I will never sink.

Now, as I read through the book struck me as a summary of the law, were without a lot of insight.

The structure of the book is this:

Importing the ActExplain history and goalsGo through the main sections (major divisions) of the law, and provide brief explanations of the main points. Explain how different institutions are at a high level, then talk about how the various studies required by the Act will beand how regulatory rules will be created. How does it affect all existing organizations, as well as new services are created by the impact of the Act is universally. What (not very) how does it affect different economic professionsHow interacts with the SOX and Basel (not much)

I found the book to be weak, because of what I know about my industry, as well as other financial industries.  I read it as someone went through the law and what is clips.

Sophistry

I have no quibbles, I only object.  This book was made very quickly, and with very little thought.

Who will benefit from this Book:

Better you should read the Act. It is bad, but not evil, as is Washington.  The operation is great, so if you are looking for an easy introduction to this book could be useful, but you could probably clip the highlights of the transaction yourself.  It is only a question of the value of your time.

If you want to do, you can buy it here: key elements of the Act of Dodd-Frank (series basics).

Full disclosure: asked me if I would like to get this book, and I said yes.  What a disappointment.

If you enter Amazon through my site, and you can buy anything, I get a small Commission.  This is the main source of income for my blog.  I prefer a "Tip jar" because I want to get anything you want, instead of simply gives me a tip.  Book reviews take time, particularly in reading, which most reviewers, not book fully, and usually do. (If not, mention that I scanned the book.  Also, never use the data we will send the PR flacks.)

Most people buy on Amazon does not enter through a Web page that contains references.  So Amazon creates an extra 1-3% on the prices to all buyers to compensate for supplies given to minority derived through referring sites.  If you can buy on Amazon directly or enter through my site, don't change your values.

Banks, book reviews, Fed policy, insurance, real estate and mortgages, macroeconomics, structured products and derivatives, public policy || Trackback |

View the original article here

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten